Join us in sharing the love with Love Thy Neighbor and 28 days of Intentional Acts of Love! We’ll be performing “Intentional Acts of Love” and notrandom acts of kindness because we want our actions to be reflective of the intentional way God loves us, resulting in lasting relationships and impressions on the hearts of those involved.
Partner with us by taking up the call to action in Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” 37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
Here’s comes the fun! Consistently perform your chosen Intentional Act(s) of Love throughout the month of February. Document why you chose your act and how it affected you and the other party.Share your journey with GLAM Camp to be featured on our blog and social media, then share with others to spread the love.
We can’t wait to see how your lives are changed!
Check out these 28 ways you can Love Thy Neighbor!
1. Weekly one-on-one’s with a loved one, student, friend, or neighbor
2. Offer tutoring sessions
3. Become active volunteer at homeless shelter
4. Nightly bedtime stories with younger sibling(s)
5. Weekend meet-ups at children’s hospital
6. Join local coalition for issue you’re passionate about
7. Offer free graduation/prom photo shoot for high school seniors
8. Swap chores with a sibling
9. Commit to helping someone reach a goal they are working towards
10. Assist elderly with chores; ex. Mowing lawn, shovel snow, caring for pets, grocery shopping
11. Offer to carpool with teammates
12. Start a book club
13. Host a Bible study or Life Group
14. Volunteer your professional services
15. Commit to being a prayer/accountability partner
16. Sit with someone new at lunch
17. Collect and distribute toiletries for needy
18. Make a helpful introduction
19. Hire someone
20. Follow up; Be present ; Especially for those who have recently experienced trauma
21. Offer to help busy parents with dinner, chores, etc.
22. Pay someone’s bill
23. Donate clothes to someone in need
24. Assist in chores for new parents; Meal prep, laundry, babysitting, cleaning
25. Volunteer to organize classroom
26. Collect recyclable goods; turn them in for money and donate the money to charity
27. Start a new charity
28. Become a MENTOR!