Today, I'm going to be introducing you to a small piece of heaven - the best brownies you’ve ever had. Your mouth will be thanking you (though your waist might not be), after you’ve tasted these. This recipe is a great spin on classic brownies! Enjoy!
First Layer: Cookie Dough
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
Second Layer: Candy or Cookie
24 Peanut Butter Reese’s Cups
- 1 Package of Oreos
Third Layer: Brownie
Brownie Mix (and any ingredients needed in addition to the box mix)
1. Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the brownie mix.
2. Begin making the cookie dough by mixing the sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Butter the pan you are using (I used a 8x11). Spread and press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, maintaining a constant thickness.
4. Press either the Reese’s cups or Oreos into the cookie dough, making rows. Make sure to wedge them into the cookie dough slightly, so that they won’t shift around when the brownie mix is poured on top.
5. Follow the box instructions to make the brownie mix. Once finished, pour the mix evenly on top of the cookie dough and Reese’s/Oreos.
6. Bake as instructed on the brownie mix. Use a knife or toothpick to check whether the brownies are fully cooked.
7. Cool on wire rack. Then ENJOY!!
Raelene Harris is a spicy as they come- in her faith, her hobbies, and her style! A lover of the arts and aesthetics, she seeks to use her passions such as photography and music to glorify God and build relationships. As a 2017 intern, she is thrilled with the opportunities to expand His kingdom.